Monday 20 July 2015

Steamed Pork Bun


When I have free time, I always watch youtube! See how they shape the bun in many different shapes and sizes and that's cute!.. I find one day, I'm going to make it too. After I bought my TM hahaha here I come.


I love the soft texture of steamed bun. Normally I will buy this outside the stall where those Chinese used to sell near the roadside. I stored it in the freezer so I can steam it whenever I want. Of course now I know how to make it, no more frozen bun! We can have lots of variety of the filling like char siew, red bean, peanut, chicken or others filling.  But today im going to make pork filling. This is all homemade and is the healthy version.


This is the pork filling! I make it something like wantan filling. you can put more ingredients like mushroom and prawn.

Steamed Pork Bun
Recipe source from : Fiona Low



What you need:-
Pork filling
-minced pork
-water chestnut (diced)
-spring onion (diced)
-carrot (diced)
-garlic (minced)
-1 egg white

Seasoning:-
-homemade chicken powder
-pepper-
-soy sauce (optional) i omitted
-oyster sauce (optional) i omitted

Method:-

1) mix everything together and set aside

Recipe dough source from : TM Website

Dough:-
(A)
-130g water
-15g olive oil
-20g sugar
-1 tsp yeast

(B)
-250g pao flour
-a pinch of salt

Method:- Using TM

1) Place ingredient (A) into the TM bowl for 30sec/37c/speed3
2) add in ingredient (B) 2 mins (dough icon)
3) The dough is soft and easy to handle. Rolled it into a size that your prefer and let it rest for 20 mins. I din't weight it but you can weight it 20g each.


4) Flatten it a bit then used a rolling pin to roll the edges and only the edge. You can see the center of the dough is have a small bulge.


5) Then gather and pull the edges up and twist, pull and twist till u get this. You need alot of practice. 


6) In a pot of boiling water, steam around 15-20mins depend on your bun size.


See, look like a rose, beautiful right? hahahaha~you can freeze it and thaw it before you steam again. You do not need to have all same size or shape. just shape it and twist like no one's business. The most important thing is that it is delicious.!

No comments:

Post a Comment