Wednesday 5 August 2015

Fluffy pancake!


Since I love pancake so much, I decided to search for a very good recipe from the internet. I tried ready made pancake batter but most of them don't taste really nice or I tried few recipe yet still cannot get the texture I prefer until I found this recipe from 'Food4tots'. She has a very good fluffy pancake recipe. Her secret recipe is using separate eggs. That's the key!


Ever since I used her recipe, my boy started to love pancakes so much! I'm happy and a million thanks to 'Food4tots'.


This is the texture i prefer and is soooo fluffy and airy.

Let me show you the recipe

Fluffy Pancake
Recipe source from : food-4tots














What you need:-
- 1 1/4 cup (135g) plain flour - I used self raising flour
- 1 1/2 tsp double acting baking power (I just used normal baking powder)
- 1 cup milk (at room temperature)
- 2 tbsp castor sugar
- 1 tbsp oil (I used olive oil)
- 2 large eggs, separated (at room temperature)
- a pinch of salt

Method:-
1) combine plain flour and baking powder and set aside (sieve)
2) whisk egg yolks, milk, sugar and olive oil until combined
3) add in the dry ingredients and mix until you get a smooth batter
4) beat the egg white with a pinch of salt in a mixer (i used TM51) till soft peaks
5) gently fold in the egg white into the egg yolks mixture
6) pour mixture into a ketchup bottle (for drawing designs) or use a measurement spoon


I double up the ingredients because I want to give half of the mixture to my colleague.


soft peak using TM51


This is the ketchup bottle i referring too. You can get this bottle in any supermarket, hypermarket, 99 market or even daiso.. just a few dollar you can make a fancy pancake for your kids.


I'm using this size of measurement spoon (1 tbsp) to get a round shape.


tic-tac-toe games, anyone?


I always make extra so I can keep in the air tight container or sealed bags for the next 2 days. So no more buying from the store ~~ homemade is fresher and healthier!


Lucky hubby still can recognized the 'Love' shape ~hehe



You have many many shape you prefer. Practice made perfect

No comments:

Post a Comment