Tuesday 18 August 2015

Fluffy steamed mantou


Mantou is very famous in China. It is also called Chinese steamed bun. I once made mantou two years ago. Without my TM, I knead with hand for about 20 mins. But the hard work really surprised me. Its came out gorgeous! I made Japanese sweet potato with a few shape. Let's see my hard work hehehe...


Those are all mini size and I am very happy with the result yet there was the last time I made mantou! Now with my new TM, I can make mantou at any time any day!


I put different types of filling instead of just plain mantou. The results are awesome! My boys love it. Just pan fried some bacon or luncheon meat, put some fresh salad vege and eat together. If you eat together with braised pork belly I tell you, that's even more delicious!


You can keep the leftover mantou in the freezer. Just before steam, take out and thaw then steam for 5-8 mins.


Look at the dough..is so fluffy and soft.. I'm even scared to touch it but one touch I cannot stop pinching it...hahaha it is so soft~~~~~~~


Closer look! ^^ want to try pinch it, then make yourself... Blek!


After steamed! Still soft and fluffy~my house full of mantou smell..


So how's it look like inside? Try this~

Fluffy steamed mantou
Recipe source from : TM Website

What you need:-

-250g pao flour
-130g water
-20g sugar
-15g olive oil
-1 tsp instant yeast
-A pinch of salt

Method:-
1) Mix water, sugar, olive oil and yeast into TM bowl, 30sec, 37c, speed 3
2) add in flour and salt, 2 mins corn image 
3) Shape dough into desired shape and let it rest for about 30 mins or double size
4) Steamed for 15-20 mins (depend on the mantou size)


  So is as easy as ABC!


If you do not have TM at home, just mix water, yeast, oil and sugar then add in the flour and salt, knead for 20 mins till elastic.


Hope you enjoy it! Happy shaping~~

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blogosphere !!! Enjoy & have fun.
    Blessings, Kristy

    ReplyDelete