Thursday 20 August 2015

Wanton wrap


This was my second trials of wanton wrap. I bought the wanton skin from the store and made my own homemade filling. I suddenly saw this Japanese Gyoza Pastry and found it very special. The skin is white colour that very different with other type of wanton skin. I usually bought the yellowish colour. 


Then I thought why not try cook wanton mee for dinner? Since this wanton skin is already bought and my freezer still have leftover marinated minced meat sitting inside. 


I usually will standby this marinated minced meat at home. It's easy for me to cook whenever I need it. Like baby porridge, spaghetti, fried rice, fried mee/meehoon, pastry or dumpling. There are quite a lot of dishes you can use for this meat. So start from now..keep this minced meat in the freezer..make sure you nicely packed it in different container or zip lock bag.


I want it to look like a money bag, it's cute....so I made the shape and pinch a bit on top the skin. This Japanese Gyoza skin are more higher in quality than the usual ones... I love it ♥


Then you tie it up with the blench spring onion. Handle with care. Aren't they cute? ❣
My boy ate 8 pcs in one go after came back from tuition ^◕‿◕^



Next time I will try to steame it then only tie the spring onion. Some of the spring onion got off when I put it in the boiled soup. (ㆆ_ㆆ)

Homemade Wantan 
By Fiona Low





What you need:-
-Wanton skin (store bought or homemade)
-Spring onion (blench with hot water)

Filling:-
-minced pork
-carrot (diced)
-spring onion (diced)
-water chestnut (diced)
-prawn (chopped) ~ optional

Seasoning:-
-homemade chicken powder
-homemade garlic powder/minced garlic
-sesame oil
-pepper
-a dash of corn flour

Method:-
1) mixed everything up and marinate overnight.
2) scoop the filling on the centre of the wanton skin
3) then wrap it nicely
4) tie with spring onion and it is done!
5) drop it into the boiling soup for about 3-5 mins


I will try to make my own wanton skin next time. Stay tune ya ❣

No comments:

Post a Comment